Friday, December 14, 2012

Artist 1

DENNIS SLOOTWEG

photo 1
ROESTKABINET



photo 1
HOGE ROESTKAST-GAAS



photo 1
ROESTDRESSOIR



photo 1
IEPTAFEL



photo 1
TL-KROONLUCHTER



photo 1
GROTE KROONLUCHTER



What I like about Sloonweg's work is that all of it has history to it. He uses all of these old industrial metals that have sat for years, and has now given them a new life as a practical furniture piece. The idea of recycling and practical use makes his furniture rare and almost limited one of a kinds. Everything is rusty and dirty but it all has so much character. His craftsmanship is exactly what meets my standards. I want to have his drive of perfection. What I don't really care for though is the glass he uses for his lights. I don't hate them but I think a smoky or fogged out glass that you would see on old industrial buildings would look better. But that is just me and it doesn't even make a dent on what I think of his work collectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment